Yarn Thing Designs: a division of Yarnsports LLC
Sweater → Pullover
Buffalo is a really warm fiber so I think a garment without sleeves is a must when so many cables are used (as cables take up more yarn). Also, the feel of the buffalo yarn is wonderful to work with and is nice against the skin but I envisioned this piece with a long sleeved white button up shirt underneath.
Please note that the sizing is on the larger size because it is meant to be a larger layering piece so make a size larger than your actual bust measurements.
- Yarn: Buffalo Gold, “Earth” (90% bison, 10% nylon; 200 yards; 62 grams) color, 5 (5, 6, 7, 8) hanks
- Needles: Size US 6 (4mm) 32” (32”, 40”, 40”, 40”) circular
- Notions: Stitch markers (m); cable needle (cn)
GAUGE: 20 sts (1 patt rep) = 3½” (9 cm) and 30 rows/rnds = 4” (10 cm) in Diamond Cable Panel.
- Body is worked in the rnd to the armholes. The back and front are then divided and worked separately to the shoulders.
- When working chart in the rnd, beg every rnd at the right edge and work left. When working chart back and forth in rows, beg RS rows at the right edge and work left; beg WS rows at the left edge and work right.
- When working back and forth in rows on back and fronts, keep 2 sts at each armhole edge in Rev St st.