Did you miss Marly over the last two weeks? I know she missed you guys!! Her time with Crafty Cruises in Alaska was absolutely the best!
The last two weeks have been an amazing whirlwind of fun for John (Marly’s hubby) and Marly! This was the first time that the Love Birds (see what I did there?) were able to take a grownup vacation and leave the little Birds at home.
Today Marly was full of stories of their trip, ranging from the cruise details, to the fun excursions, to hers and John’s time in Seattle.
As you may know Marly is a huge fan of the Twilight series, and she talked John into going to Forks for the day, where she completely geeked out on all the Twilight things in town. They also went and saw the coast line, and put her feet in the water (which for Marly is a big deal)!
The group of knitters on the cruise numbered about 35 people, (there were a LOT more folks on the ship, there were just 35 on the cruise to be crafty!) and there were folks from all over! She was so excited to meet them all once everyone had gotten settled on the ship, and then get to know these folks over the course of the cruise!
Marly and John did do a whale watching excursion and had a fabulous time, and she got some amazing pictures (be sure the check them out in this post)! She has given some pictures from all different parts of the trip for this post, so make sure you scroll through all of them here.
One of the other things that Marly was so excited to do, was yarn shop hopping! She visited one in Seattle, and a couple in Juneau, Alaska. What fiber enthusiast DOESN’T love a local something fun when you go on a vacation and hit up a local yarn store? Lesson learned…make sure John is either outside the store when she completes her purchase, or at least distract him when the total comes up on the register! (Make sure you indulge yourself in some Quivut!)
Some things Marly learned about/while cruising:
- How to pack (minimal shoes, they take up too much room)
- How to Muster (life jacket, CHECK!)
- How to Tender (sit down, don’t rock the boat)
- The cost of your cruise is not necessarily your grand total!
- Humpback whales are solitary creatures
- Orcas travel in pods
- Whales’ tail fins, are much like a fingerprint!
(Sidenote from Jolene: As I’m listening I’m giggling y’all…I’m waving back to all of you as well!! – J)
Next week’s show has a super fun gifts and of course, more prizes!!
- Like this podcast? Be sure to leave a comment/review on iTunes to let other know about it!
- Stay up to date with the Yarn Thing podcast with the App available on iTunes and for Droid.
- Find our more about Marly at www.MarlyBird.com or follow her on facebook at www.facebook.com/marlybird
This podcast is sponsored by: Knitter’s Magazine, Craftsy.com, Fiesta Yarns, Kollage Yarns, Decades by Drew Emborsky, Love of Knitting, Love of Crochet and Bijou Basin Ranch.